Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter tweaked!

As I am away for work this week until I return home on Thursday evening, to pass the boredom in my hotel room I’m tweaking an image I took of Jupiter on the 7th May with my C8 SCT scope, with my ZWO ASI 120mc camera with a ZWO ADC fitted too. The first image is the tweaked image, the second is what I initially had it set as after imaging. I think the tweaked image looks more natural and smoother (less noise), along with been brighter too. Ganymede and Io are much more prominent too. This tweaking was done on my iPad Air with Affinity photo app. :) 

Tweaked image below;

48E1B988-0003-4F6A-AC9B-21081DF9F43F.thumb.jpeg.c15d2a63b60dffe6244021fbfe922f9c.jpeg

Original image after initial processing;

EC04B8A8-008D-4C94-8918-37558A43D143.thumb.png.cc8fdaf2262aed5e63a90a116c0f29f7.png

Wow! It's amazing what a little tweaking can do. The top image shows more detail and the moons pop right out! I got a chance to do some imaging during the opposition and got some pretty good shots.

Reggie

5 minutes ago, orion25 said:

Wow! It's amazing what a little tweaking can do. The top image shows more detail and the moons pop right out! I got a chance to do some imaging during the opposition and got some pretty good shots.

Reggie

Thanks Reggie. Yes, it scrubbed up well in the end! Hope you post some of your image up, and glad you got some good shots. :) 

21 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Thanks Reggie. Yes, it scrubbed up well in the end! Hope you post some of your image up, and glad you got some good shots. :) 

Just posted them ;) 

Archived