NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 5-5-2018

Ibbo!

C11 Chameleon x 2.5 PM rgb filters and the ADC (it certainly moved the red and blue in the eyepiece not sure it helped with the RGB ) binned 2x2 to help with poor seeing

S_95kK7RwuLw_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Nice image. Well done! :) Confirmed my visual observation last night with my 120mm ‘frac where I saw the dark oval in the in the NEB directly above the GRS. Both these features were easily visible when the seeing steady more at around 11:30pm. 

Good image.I was out too and seeing was not great so you did well to get this level of detail.

Try the latest version of Firecapture software for image capture. It has an ADC feature that makes setting the ADC easy but would need a colour cam to set it up first before going back to RGB.

Peter

10 hours ago, ChrisEll said:

Slightly noob planetary Q... would ADC help with taking lum? I've read that taking a decent lum image is not easy.

TBH I have no idea as it was my first try with it despite having it for well over a year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2018 at 08:16, jock1958 said:

Nice  photo,  what time did you take it?

It was just above the horizon at 5am when I was getting ready to go to work

C11 and Chameleon cam with rgb filters

Archived