Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45

gaelicstorm7

Hi Guys,

Looks like this might be the only work thats salvageable from last nights wind !, not great but interesting to see what it's like to take images without a LP filter then see what can be processed out of them.

6 x 1min at 800asa Megrez/350D/EQ5 combo with only a VH-1 filter, first image stacked as they came out of the camera, 2nd image levels worked in ps7 to remove light pollution and try and bring out some detail.

See what you make of them.

Alan :laugh:

post-12879-133877318647_thumb.jpg

Feel free to play James have fun, yeah Gaz I'm really getting into the spikes since I made my diffraction spike mask from a smash tin lid (dead hi-tech or wot !), got some funny looks in the supermarket measuring things to find something the right size.

Thanks again for your kind comments guys, must admit I really love imaging M45, and this image I think is one of my best :laugh:

CC - A Stiletto Focuser is a device to assist in focusing the scope before you attach a camera body

http://www.stellar-international.com

is the website, much easier for the experts to try and explain than me !, all I can say is they work really, really well :laugh:.

Cheers

"Martin, the defraction spikes are purely cosmetic" :laugh:

Ah, I thought he might have stuck a cotton cross across the front of the scope to help get the focus but it's a photoshop jobbie is it.

Martin

No Martin, the diffraction spikes are 100% genuine, I made a diffraction mask from a smash tin lid with cotton strung across it to make the cross, that wa I can put it on whenever I need it, when looking through the scope you can't see the cotton lines, but for some reason they show up in images. Once tried to put some on an image in photshop and they didn't look quite right to me.

Cheers

Alan

"Martin, the defraction spikes are purely cosmetic" :laugh:

Ah, I thought he might have stuck a cotton cross across the front of the scope to help get the focus but it's a photoshop jobbie is it.

Martin

I meant "cosmetic" is in for looks only. :laugh:

Archived