NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cloud Gods Strike Again

AdeKing

Would you believe it, it's been clear as a bell all day and until 8pm tonight.

At 8pm I pop across to my folks place to collect my new to me Tele-Optic Giro GR2 Mini which was delivered. When I arrive at my folks place it's still crystal clear as it is when I leave.

I drive 20 min home and look up and there is no moon to be seen as there is wall to wall cloud. 

How unfair is that? ?

37 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

Would you believe it, it's been clear as a bell all day and until 8pm tonight.

At 8pm I pop across to my folks place to collect my new to me Tele-Optic Giro GR2 Mini which was delivered. When I arrive at my folks place it's still crystal clear as it is when I leave.

I drive 20 min home and look up and there is no moon to be seen as there is wall to wall cloud. 

How unfair is that? ?

You're unlucky Ade. Have you used the binoviewers yet?

54 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

How unfair is that? ?

Totally fair! Why should I get it all the time? :clouds1: I've probably had less than 10 sessions since Christmas...........2016, and why always a Friday night? probably the best and most convenient night in my calendar.

I was tempted earlier to put the scope out, but maybe made the right choice, as My Moon is now obscured, but Ursa Major is in the clear!!

Also got re-united with my Dob-tent last weekend?  lost it to the back of a shed! and tonight the rods appeared, ( back of another shed ):mad:.

So much want to look through the scope. Its had a full collimation since last use and needs a Star test.

Oh-well! My Rum & Coke and Stellarium will suffice for now. maybe your clouds will shift later!

THAT happened to me so many times it's beyond JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats worse it when I look up and see horizon to horizon clear with bright twinkling stars.. setup, open the obsy, find my trager, calibrate and start guiding.... then within 10 minutes.. CLOUDS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally makes me go NUTS... 

I'm looking forward to the 5 year drought that were due for about now... years with hardly any clouds, every night astronomy.... the only whingers will be farmers and greenies... "pollenate" them both, they had their wet clouds season, it'll be astronomers turn...

20 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

The curse of been an astronomer, especially one that’s just got new equipment! ;) 

Yes, I know that the cloud gods frequently strike and FLO packages even come with a warning sticker, it just that I'm used to them striking during the day and not teasing me and striking the second I get out of the car.

16 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

You're unlucky Ade. Have you used the binoviewers yet?

Yes Steve, the Binoviewers have been used several times and I've been suitably impressed with them ?

24 minutes ago, Charic said:

Totally fair! Why should I get it all the time? :clouds1:

Fair comment! Nuff said.

28 minutes ago, Charic said:

Oh-well! My Rum & Coke and Stellarium will suffice for now. maybe your clouds will shift later!

Fingers crossed for you Charic ?.

29 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Whats worse it when I look up and see horizon to horizon clear with bright twinkling stars.. setup, open the obsy, find my trager, calibrate and start guiding.... then within 10 minutes.. CLOUDS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally makes me go NUTS... 

I concede, that is much worse ?.

1 hour ago, AdeKing said:

that is much worse

whats worse, is that it happened to me 3 times in a row last week.... I know I know, i never learn....

Bright side moment... at least I didn't spend a hour setting up than pulling apart.... apart from calibration it was open obsy... than at end park and close obsy....

Archived