Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cassiopeia to Perseus - 1st use of CLS clip filter

Interesting colour balance...this is from the jpg stack.  Still working out what to do with the RAW subs!  DSS, Lightroom/PS CS2.

This is from 14 x 100s at f2, ISO800, Canon 7D MkII, Sigma 24mm, AstroTrac.

Plenty of stuff up there!  Cheers, Paul.

LR-001 2400.jpg

That's a great capture so much from a fast lens. Your camera is really picking up the red interesting bits is it modified?

Not sure what your raw subs comment refers to but if that is a new canon you will need to use DSS version 3.3.4.

Interesting to see this I've recently done the same area Garnet Star to Kemble's Cascade using my barn door but it's a wobbly mosaic.

22 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Convert the RAWs to 16bit TIFFs..... that will work nicely...

It does, thank you!  Used the Canon DPP s/w.

22 hours ago, happy-kat said:

use DSS version 3.3.4.

That helps, thanks.

RAWs are giving a nice outcome from the stacking using the converted files or direct.

Have taken some more subs on the Auriga/Gemini area.  Made sure that focus was definitely *not* on the red side but the clip filter does seem to encourage red halos.  Also have a band near one long edge that I've been cropping.

Cheers

Paul

39 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

FOR MY TASTES it is a little too crowded

I do have that dilemma myself...too deep/much in a widefield image!

I use these in presentations to convey the message that there is sooo much out there in the apparently empty night sky.

Cheers

Paul

Archived