Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spring narrowband targets?

michaelmorris

This winter my target is to collect a shed load of narrowband data of the Jellyfish Nebula (IC443).  Despite a few hiccups along the way, I think this going quite well.  However, the Jellyfish is now setting behind the Bay Tree of Doom (my Nemesis) by about 12:30 am, so I'm looking for a narrowband target somewhere about 15 to 25 degrees above eastern horizon after midnight.  We are talking about somewhere in the region of Hercules and Bootes.

I'd be looking at a field of view of 1.49° x 1.19° (Skywatcher 80ED with focal reducer with Atik 460EX camera)

Any suggestions?

Not much in narrowband in that direction for next month or two Michael, its galaxy season.  You could do something higher up like the Heart and Soul Nebula.  I always find this time of year pretty much of a non event for me, which is why i don't tend to book Kelling in April.   

Carole 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/02/2018 at 07:11, David_L said:

Hi Michael,

I was preparing for Kelling this Spring and was reminded just how far West all our big fat narrow band targets have wandered :-)

I'm going for the list attached below (well, one or two of them :-) and while not narrow-band there should be some Ha to shoot in some of them :-)

David

Kelling Heath Spring Star Party 2018.xlsx

After thinking about the hassle of imaging in the field I've decided to do what I normally do at Kelling - take the time to observe the starts and learn about the sky :-)

I can image all I want at home - I can't observe as much sky as I can at Kelling :-)

David

• 11 months later...

Archived