Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

£50 Imaging Cameras!

FLO

9 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Touptek here, works on W10 no problems :happy7:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Neil. I was beginning to wonder as the other post seem full of praise for the others yet not a word said about the Touptek.
I am yet to venture into AP but this seemed a bargain for use as a guide camera when my mount and guide scope arrive.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It uses the same imaging chip as my ASI120MC, oddly the ASI120MM uses a slightly older chip with lower QE because there were supply issues with the mono one in the Touptek.

I'm going to try doing some deep red filter imaging on the low planets this summer, should help combat poor seeing and overcome atmospheric dispersion (colour blurring due to the low angle).

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating, the driver for the neximage 5 can be found here LINK I have one version of the driver installed on XP and the latest on W10.

Do note that you will most likely get 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)' if the USB port used is not the full mojo. The front ports on my desktop produced that error but plugging into a rear USB port and all is fine. Should add that XP was happy with the front port it is W10 that will only work on a rear USB port. 

Edit 1 - XP allocates 500mA for the USB ports. The neximage 5 drew 50mA when on in sharpcap.

Next I'll be fiddling in W10 to get the front USB ports enough power allocation.

Archived