Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The H on you eyepiece will stand for Huygens and SR for Symmetric Ramsden. Both are poor quality types of eyepieces. To maximise the potential of your scope, upgrade these eyepieces soon. Plossls are relatively cheap compared to other types and will provide much better views. Don't know how good a view you will get anyway, don't know what brand it is from the image. But if I were you, I'd still have a go and try find some objects. Try the Orion Nebula. Its not too hard to find, as long as you align you finderscope (it took me far too long to realise this duh). Hope this helps!

It is a shame that it has been broken before you have managed to use it but perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as it is clearly not fit for purpose and can be returned for a refund. I'm sure that it was not cheap and that we could point you in the direction of a better quality instrument if this one has not already put you off astronomy. 

What a sorry tale.  I hope it was an accident!  That scope doesn't get good reviews, but I expect it might have been possible to get it up and running.  The mount looks odd to me though I only have a Dobsonian mount, but it doesnt look like the other mounts with the big counterweights on it, but that rod just looks like something to lock it into position.  In reality it may not be needed as you tend to keep a telescope in more or less constant motion anyway.  

You would need to see if you put in an eye piece - use the one with highest mm value on it put in in the side of the telescope and pointing in the opposite direction from the sun see if you can look into the eye piece during the daytime  and focus on a distant object.  You may also need to remove some plastic covers on the sky end of the telescope.  If you can do that ut might be possible to get things up and running.

1 hour ago, M Astronomy said:

The H on you eyepiece will stand for Huygens and SR for Symmetric Ramsden. Both are poor quality types of eyepieces. To maximise the potential of your scope, upgrade these eyepieces soon. Plossls are relatively cheap compared to other types and will provide much better views. Don't know how good a view you will get anyway, don't know what brand it is from the image. But if I were you, I'd still have a go and try find some objects. Try the Orion Nebula. Its not too hard to find, as long as you align you finderscope (it took me far too long to realise this duh). Hope this helps!

How you going about aligning the finder scope as it is upside down

1 hour ago, Ricochet said:

It is a shame that it has been broken before you have managed to use it but perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as it is clearly not fit for purpose and can be returned for a refund. I'm sure that it was not cheap and that we could point you in the direction of a better quality instrument if this one has not already put you off astronomy. 

I could never be put off, I was hooked as a child and it was 40 pound the girlfriend got it for me but your right I got a refund. Got any tips about the moon as that is what I love the most 

Archived