Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spider Dob

Dave_D

Very clever compact design!

When I look at it though, I get the sense that it is not without some risk to rigidity with all the hinged sections, and even David Kriege is now offering non folding bearings as an option with his UC line.

2 hours ago, niallk said:

Very clever compact design!

When I look at it though, I get the sense that it is not without some risk to rigidity with all the hinged sections, and even David Kriege is now offering non folding bearings as an option with his UC line.

true that... seems like a rough overview tbh... i'm sure i can come up with a better design on the same principals though.

I tend to agree. Clever, but needs work. You would need to be working within F1 tolerances to get any sort of rigidity...

It is the same old trade off:

Compact, Rigid, Convenient!

The more that you have of one, the less you get of the others. Worth trying though.

And it was designed by a Spice Girl. Shows that you can’t judge a book by its cover.

Paul

Archived