NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Okay I am impressed! (Space X Falcon Heavy)

Droogie 2001

Had to post this. Super excited about the Falcon Heavy test this month and a potential launch in January 2018. 
Finally we get to see a picture of what it looks like for real. Its one impressive piece of kit even if it is looks like three Falcon 9's strapped together, cause that is what it is. If he can then land the three boosters, then that’s a bonus.
Elon Musk states that whatever happens good or bad it should be quite a show.
Looks like his personal Tesla car is going to be it's first payload. If successful it will be destined to roam the Solar System for millions of years...Bonkers. :happy6:
What ever you think about Musk you have to admire his shear ambition and ability to get things done. :hello2:

Link below with pictures and more info:

https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/12/20/spacex-releases-first-pictures-of-falcon-heavy-rocket/

35 minutes ago, Droogie 2001 said:

Had to post this. Super excited about the Falcon Heavy test this month and a potential launch in January 2018. 
Finally we get to see a picture of what it looks like for real. Its one impressive piece of kit even it is looks like three Falcon 9's strapped together, cause that is what it is. If he can then land the three boosters, then that’s a bonus.
Elon Musk states that whatever happens good or bad it should be quite a show.
Looks like his personal Tesla car is going to be it's first payload. If successful it will be destined to roam the Solar System for millions of years...Bonkers. :happy6:
What ever you think about Musk you have to admire his shear ambition and ability to get things done. :hello2:

Link below with pictures and more info:

https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/12/20/spacex-releases-first-pictures-of-falcon-heavy-rocket/

The man is certainly a visionary and his autobiography gives an insight how this man ticks. 

16 minutes ago, AbeSapien said:

I'm following SpaceX for a while now and I have to say that I'm in awe every time he lands one of his boosters! The best thing is that you can follow the live feed of the start every time! :)

Go Elon ^^

Agree. I watched Fridays launch and was excited as I was the first time I saw a booster land. Have to pinch myself to take in how amazing it is for them to be able to achieve such a thing. We really are watching history in the making.

Blimey, that thing's got more nozzles and valves than a brass band!

The idea's sound, they've already proved they can flyback single stages, so I'm a believer. Whether it can be done cheaply, we'll have to wait and see but good luck to 'em.

8 minutes ago, Subdeo said:

Amazing machine, I can't wait to see it fly. Will be interesting to see if Musk can land all three boosters at once! Does anyone have any ideas regarding the planned Roadster payload? Is this legal?

I don’t see why note. Apparently, the normal method is to have a block of metal to simulate the weight of a satellite. He owns the company that’s makes his own car so cannot see any issues there and great PR.
Who knows if the American Federal Aviation Administration will have something to say about it. Lets hope not!

23 minutes ago, Subdeo said:

Amazing machine, I can't wait to see it fly. Will be interesting to see if Musk can land all three boosters at once! Does anyone have any ideas regarding the planned Roadster payload? Is this legal?

Im sure it`s legal providing road tax is valid with a MOT :laughing4:

Archived