Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Parsec Observatory - Avani Soares

astroavani

A stunning fit and finish to your observatory, congratulations!

The photographic results you get and post here are most enviable and like the descriptions you post alongside, this video really highlights your passion for astronomy. A wonderfully communicative short film.

Valeu!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, andyboy1970 said:

Very nice.

How do you rate the 12" GSO as a scope?

It's a great telescope! I had two exactly alike and all two had very good optics, this makes us think that good optics is the rule, not the exception. I also really like the mechanics of GSO being the first to offer crayford focal point as standard on relatively inexpensive cost. Collimation is easy and will last for a long time if you consider other Newtonians I've had such as Sky Watcher and Orion UK.
Anyway I have a certain passion for them and I can say that they are worth every cent invested, only, in my case you can not compete with a C14 still above the Edge line.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Fantastic construction Avani, nice to put a face to your very familiar name. The internet gets a lot of bad press at times, but I love the fact we can interact with fellow astronomers all around the world with such ease.

Thank you, friend Pete! It really is good to meet people who hide behind Nick sometimes. Of course this is not always advisable, but we can not deny that it creates greater intimacy.

Thanks for the video! Nice smooth action on the roof. Will you please add more about the trains mentioned? Do you have to stop imaging when trains pass by? Are they commuter trains or heavier freight trains? 

• 1 year later...
On 25/12/2017 at 16:40, mwayne said:

Thanks for the video! Nice smooth action on the roof. Will you please add more about the trains mentioned? Do you have to stop imaging when trains pass by? Are they commuter trains or heavier freight trains? 

Sorry for the delay in response mwayne, but incredible as it may seem only now I saw your question because I had completely forgotten this post.
They are metropolitan trains, transporting people, yet they cause great vibration when they pass. Normally what I do is pause the capture but always respecting the maximum imaging time of the giant planets that stays around 120 sec.