Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sphinx SXW Slew control from SkySafari

DeepSkyMan

Hi there I currently control my Sphinx SXW from SkySafari, and in general the user interface from SS is much more intuitive than the Starbook controller, however one aspect that I haven't quite mastered is slew control when zeroing in on an object either close to, or in the field of view.  With the Starbook controller the slew speed is contolled by the zoom level in effect at the time.  On SS the same principle applies, however I've found that it doesn't seem to provide the same granularity of fine control as that of the Starbook, even after adjusting the speed using the slider in SS.  Would be interested in hearing from fellow Sphinx owners who have introduced SS into their observing platform.  Is your experience the same as mine, or am I missing something fundamental in my approach?  All contributions welcomed :-)

Kind Regards

Paul J.

Archived