Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar.thumb.jpg.ef4882eb5fb3610f8a68e5e6913de0e3.jpg

Taff

Astrophotography image processing

Taff    192

Hi' Do anyone know if you can buy DVD'S on astrophotography image processing.So you can stack your images and then work on images Thanks.Mark

happy-kat    3,072

If you are after tutorials to make a start with take a look at www.budgetastro.net the tutorials work pretty well with csc, gimp and paintshop pro.

Jessun    342

+1 for YouTube. Any software out there will have hours worth of clips on there, for free!

/Jesper

Jessun    342

BTW a somewhat quicker method is to visit someone who have some years of practice already.

I remember my first visit to a certain Olly Penrice, as he chucked my sub par data of the night into his PC and like a Jedi pulled out colour and detail beyond what I could comprehend.

I will never reach his level, but the kick start this visit provided was price less for an amateur like me.

/Jesper

• Like 2

Jessun    342

Here's the rig btw setup in Provence. A springy iOptron carrying much to much weight and a difficult RC scope, but Olly pulled something out of it despite all the shortfalls of my setup.

/Jesper

DSC01278.JPG

Taff    192

Hi' Thank you both for the webpages i just loaded them to look at.What i'm looking for is a store which sell DVD'S on stacking and for image processing.

Jessun    342

Knowledge is virtually free these day. Why on Earth would you want to pay for it? After a while you'll develop you're own style anyways following YOUR work flow so that your images are unique.

/Jesper

Edited by Jessun
Rubbish understanding of basic English.
  • Like 1

Uranium235    5,956

There are some basic and advanced notes in the SGL 2017 star party sub forum, with examples to download (if you have photoshop):

Or there are a couple of vids on my youtube channel: (some of the oncreen pointers are out of sync, but its enough to get you started)

• Like 2