harry page

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

I am on 0.92 g ?

Harry

Im still on 0.91Zb which has been working fine since the infamous RA jumps.

I hope that you get it sorted. I'm surprised to hear that SiTech were less than superb. it might be worth sticking a few posts on the Yahoo group, though it has been very quiet of late (no doubt more to do with the rubbish Yahoo Group system!)

14 hours ago, Zakalwe said:

Im still on 0.91Zb which has been working fine since the infamous RA jumps.

I hope that you get it sorted. I'm surprised to hear that SiTech were less than superb. it might be worth sticking a few posts on the Yahoo group, though it has been very quiet of late (no doubt more to do with the rubbish Yahoo Group system!)

Hi

I have found the sitech software to quite buggy and some off these have been sorted , like the one about the scope bouncing about when finding a target with sgp

as it was below the resolution of the mesu , the answer to start with was switch off the encoders --- not what I wanted to hear , any way after a bit of moaning this was sorted

And I seem to have the " lost communication with sitech " problem which stops the scope AAAAAArrrrgggg and other rude words --- its not my hardware ,changed it all cables etc nothing but the best and it is still doing it  my other favorite is syncing the mount ( sgp ) if its wrong the first time I do it ( east west thing ) then nothing will get the mount synced correctly the only way seems to be to switch off the mount and start again and get it right first time .

the mount is great but getting it to work reliably , I am finding frustrating

Regards

Harry

On 14/11/2017 at 21:45, harry page said:

Hi

I have found the sitech software to quite buggy and some off these have been sorted , like the one about the scope bouncing about when finding a target with sgp

as it was below the resolution of the mesu , the answer to start with was switch off the encoders --- not what I wanted to hear , any way after a bit of moaning this was sorted

And I seem to have the " lost communication with sitech " problem which stops the scope AAAAAArrrrgggg and other rude words --- its not my hardware ,changed it all cables etc nothing but the best and it is still doing it  my other favorite is syncing the mount ( sgp ) if its wrong the first time I do it ( east west thing ) then nothing will get the mount synced correctly the only way seems to be to switch off the mount and start again and get it right first time .

the mount is great but getting it to work reliably , I am finding frustrating

Regards

Harry

Harry,

I'm using the same software version as you and and have no problems with re synching after screwing up the east west stuff. I occasionally plate solve/offset init, and get the message re east west pop up. I complete the sync rather than trying to cancel it, then do another plate solve after changing the software to the correct pier side. I have never had an issue with Sitech, but have had numerous crap outs on SGP !!

cheers

Gary

1 minute ago, gazza said:

Harry,

I'm using the same software version as you and and have no problems with re synching after screwing up the east west stuff. I occasionally plate solve/offset init, and get the message re east west pop up. I complete the sync rather than trying to cancel it, then do another plate solve after changing the software to the correct pier side. I have never had an issue with Sitech, but have had numerous crap outs on SGP !!

cheers

Gary

Hi

well I don't know if I am doing something wrong , did it again tonight !!!!!!!!!!!

have logging stuff on to see whats going on :)

I am a fan of SGP , but could do with being more stable

Harry

re the communication drop outs - I had an issue with this with other hardware (not the Mesu) and found that I had a small issue with the usb sockets on my hub/pc. I followed the procedure here:

Except don't use a screwdriver or metallic object, I used a toothpick.....

I then treated the ports cables with a product called Deoxit. Haven't had an issue since. Seems our observatories are a prone to having dirt, dusty corroded components....

cheers

Gary

I have also noticed that SGP is kind of flaky - doesn't seem to handle disconnects of ASCOM items (i.e focusers, filter wheels) very well, and sometimes I have had it crash completely or just become unusable.  That said, I still love it :)

4 hours ago, tocster said:

I have also noticed that SGP is kind of flaky - doesn't seem to handle disconnects of ASCOM items (i.e focusers, filter wheels) very well, and sometimes I have had it crash completely or just become unusable.  That said, I still love it :)

Yeah..Ive had that as well. My QHY guidecamera ASCOM driver seems to be a bit flaky and it sometimes disconnects. This can cause SGP to crash or freeze.

Hi

well scope dumped again last night , I see after hunting I am not the only one with this problem

I have tried contacting sitech who do reply to my emails , To say I am finding this frustrating is putting it mildly

I had less problems with my homemade beast.

If I cant get it sorted soon It will be going back and Mr Mesu can sort it

Harry

Hi Harry- I had an awful lot of trouble with my Mesu and was told it was my setup - however Lucas Mesu followed the problem and finally replaced my Sitech unit and the mount was transformed and has been OK since- I had intermittent slewing loss of tracking poor guiding and hand controller issues - in the end loss of PAN in the PAN SLEW GUIDE options pointed to a hardware issue and it was sorted -may be entirely different with your mount but thought I should share this as I was very stressed by it all for a while - do hope you get it sorted quickly - Tony

All of this makes me nervous and explains why I run two of the original ArgoNavis-Stellarcat Mesus which have handsets and no connection with the PC or the internet. It's a shame that these problems come up because I do believe the mount to be mechanically impeccable.

Best of luck, Harry.

Olly

Archived