NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

mesu 200

harry page

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other thing I have found temperamental is the mount must be powered and physically USB connected first and *THEN* fire up SGP and connect to the mount on the SGP sequencer.  This will then bring the sitech pop-up controller window (the one with the arrows).  Press START on the Sitech pop up to start the mount blind tracking.  You can then plate solve, slew etc.  Done in any other order = problems and strange slews.

5 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Thanks for the pointer to the cable Harry.  

What are you doing for the PC end?  Using a USB>Serial adapter like a Keyspan?  Or do you have the "luxury" of a PC with DB9 serial connector?

Hi

I have been using these for a few years not let me down  ---Yet   :)  https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/interface-development-kits/0429274/

do not buy a cheap one as they do not work well

Harry

5 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

The other thing I have found temperamental is the mount must be powered and physically USB connected first and *THEN* fire up SGP and connect to the mount on the SGP sequencer.  This will then bring the sitech pop-up controller window (the one with the arrows).  Press START on the Sitech pop up to start the mount blind tracking.  You can then plate solve, slew etc.  Done in any other order = problems and strange slews.

Hi

Yes I have had the strange slew thing as well , don't stop start it too much as well it don't like that either

If you have the latest 0.92g I think , sync is kept if you boot up as you say after parking

Harry

21 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Hi

I presume they would work , I was just directed years ago and by sitech to use ones with FTDI chips !!

If you could borrow one , you would soon know

Harry

Archived