Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M74 Gonzo's version

gonzostar

This image taken of M74 was taken over a couple of rare clear nights earlier this month

Telescope - 102mm APO ES refractor on a AVX mount

Camera- Canon 450d unmoded iso800

Duration 185 mins  - 300s lights also with Flats, bias, and darks Taken over a couple of nights in October

Thanks for looking. not quite in the center! :)  Any ideas to bring out more  much appreciated

Dean185mins-dss01-ps01-cropped.thumb.png.1d2daaf897e6bb41d280c7a5ee56ad71.png

Thanks for your kind comments. Wasnt sure if image would benefit with more light frames or not.  Could afford to crop it a bit more but worried about bringing out more noise

Cant wait to get started around the Orion area now once those clouds, moon n fireworks  disappear! :) 

Dean

Excellent result.. I love seeing fellow DSLR astrophotos.... Of course I don't know how you process you images, so unless already doing so to bring out more out of the data, try using "curves" in photoshop or gimp.

54 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Excellent result.. I love seeing fellow DSLR astrophotos.... Of course I don't know how you process you images, so unless already doing so to bring out more out of the data, try using "curves" in photoshop or gimp.

Cheers, I am getting used to using photoshop. I feel can get more out of data using this rather then gimp. Also gradient exterminator is great. Also thinking of updating my DSLR  camera from un-modded to say 600-700d?

Dean

5 hours ago, gonzostar said:

Cheers, I am getting used to using photoshop. I feel can get more out of data using this rather then gimp. Also gradient exterminator is great. Also thinking of updating my DSLR  camera from un-modded to say 600-700d?

Dean

I prefer photoshop over gimp also, but I think thats only because I'm more familiar with PS.

Once you get a modded DSLR, you'll be able to delve into narrowband astrophotography... Some will say that you cant do NB AP with a DSLR because of the bayer mask but it never stopped me... sure it wont be CCD quality or resolution but worlds apart from a unmodded camera.

Still in the 50/50 court of upgrading the DSLR or going down the CCD route. Expense and lack of clear moonless nights are a major factor here, also LP so for me that rules out OSC 

At least with DSLR  i use a CLS filter for LP. However i need more lights to get some colour in images but this is the joy of AP :) 

Archived