Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first half decent DSO M31

WonderStar

Hi all
Looking at some of the amazing images posted here I've resisted posting one of mine until now.
Not the best but I'm chuffed with the result. Things can only get better (once I've sourced a replacement mount!)
Constructive feedback welcome and encouraged :-)
Kit:
SW ED 80 pro
Astro modded Canon 700d with CLS clip filter
QHY 5II mono for guiding
EQ5 pro mount
Shot:
10x 300sec subs
8x Darks
8x Bias
No flats

Autosave011 copy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Craney said:

Thumbs up for that one...  Excellent.    (Know what you mean about posting.  There are some real masterpieces on here....  pixel envy   ;) )

Thanks Craney, we all have to start somewhere eh? :-)

My first picture of Jupiter  ( Celestron C6, 4/3rds Lumix )  could have been mistaken like an ill looking, camera shy jelly fish... within 4 months I had the Red Spot, within the year I had structure in the Cloud belts.  Bigger scope, better technique, avoiding the rookie errors and using the full power of processing.... it all builds.  Good luck with the journey.

Sean.

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Nice job:thumbright: Since you asked for constructive feedback you should watch the left hand side of the histogram and leave a little space as you've clipped the blacks and lost some detail.

Thank you, yes I did go a bit over :-)

Archived