NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Error 10110 DriverFramework in W10.... any ideas?

swag72

I really have been battling PC issues of late and I thought that I had it all sorted, but no, it would seem not.

My imaging run was going fine until about 04:50 this morning when I found that many of the USB connections (mount, AllSky and guide camera) had closed down. More could have but I can't say for sure. When I've looked in the event log of the PC this morning I had a critical error (in fact I've had a few which accounts for the troubles I've been experiencing) and the error information was 10110 DriverFramework. i'm really hoping that there is some safe software that someone knows about out there to fix this?

I have followed internet information and have gone into device manager and checked that all of the USB stuff is up to date, which it is. One of the solutions was to uninstall the motherboard driver and re-boot, but that seemed a bit drastic to me!! 

If any of you good folks out there can help I'd be eternally grateful as this is really getting me down.

10110 error.jpg

10110 error 2.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaargh, Sara, I’m afraid I can’t help with the specific problem, but I feel your pain. Computers are fabulous, until they wander off on their own and misbehave. I hope some Windows guru comes along very soon with a solution for you, I’m sure they will.

Unhelpfully, my standard action on fatal computer malfunction is to purchase a new one! I find it less painful to reinstall all software on a new machine than scratch my head at 4 in the morning when I know I have no clue about PCs ‘under the hood’!

Hello Sara,

I did google some while and in all results related to the error youi have & the reason for the error you have is related to DRIVER UPDATE for the devices connected via USB..

Regards

Martin

2 minutes ago, artem said:

Hello Sara,

I did google some while and in all results related to the error youi have & the reason for the error you have is related to DRIVER UPDATE for the devices connected via USB..

Regards

Martin

That's where I reached too Martin, but The USB drivers are all up to date according to device manager. And this morning there were three USB disconnects for all different things......... what's the chance of all three failing at the same time? 

Hello Sara,

Do you have any BACKUP SOFTWARE ?? or so !! there is only one rreport, where the reason for thr error was an BACKUP SOFTWARE..:icon_albino:

1 minute ago, artem said:

Hello Sara,

Do you have any BACKUP SOFTWARE ?? or so !! there is only one rreport, where the reason for thr error was an BACKUP SOFTWARE..:icon_albino:

Not that I know...... Where does it mention backup software at 04:49 critical issues?

4 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Not that I know...... Where does it mention backup software at 04:49 critical issues?

Ahh OK:hiding:.. I just did find a report that a backup software could also be reason for the error , just though I should share it.. but then GOOD LUCK:happy5:in your search

10110 DriverFramework

If this is a new pc\build, have you disabled the USB sleep settings? this is done in Power Options \ Advanced settings.

And you will have AV installed, it will be Microsoft's to be found under "Defender Security Settings"

Sara,

Just looked at the screen snapshot of your events it looks like usbehci.sys has started this error off, how do you connect your usb devices to the computer via a hub then one usb lead to computer? or each device attached to usb port on computer?  if each device attached separately you can go into device manager and look under "universal serial bus controllers" then under "generic USB hub" maybe more than one entry also look at USB Root Hub entries (right click) properties and look at the power tab this will tell you what power each device is using, usually each port is capable of providing 500mA power whilst you are there look at power management tab and untick "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

5 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

If this is a new pc\build, have you disabled the USB sleep settings? this is done in Power Options \ Advanced settings.

And you will have AV installed, it will be Microsoft's to be found under "Defender Security Settings"

USB selective suspend setting is disabled...... That's right isn't it? Defender all switched off as far as I can tell...... Looks like updates were done at 03:36 this morning (it all went wrong at 04:49).... can I switch off updates?

Hi Sara, damned annoying when you buy a new computer and still have problems, is this while using the Eagle to control stuff wirelessly ?

Not much help now I know but the Win10 laptop I use for imaging has WiFi turned off to prevent updates in the middle of the night, any software updates are downloaded via another computer in the day.

Dave

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Hi Sara, damned annoying when you buy a new computer and still have problems, is this while using the Eagle to control stuff wirelessly ?

Not much help now I know but the Win10 laptop I use for imaging has WiFi turned off to prevent updates in the middle of the night, any software updates are downloaded via another computer in the day.

Dave

No it's not the Eagle... it's a desktop I Have to run the TMB rig

What is in the log before 03:41:31? And what is in the Updates history? Did it indeed try to do updates in the middle of the night?

This might be a total red herring, but are you Ethernet connected to a router? My obsy PC can’t cope with Windows updates when Ethernet connected.

You can set your ‘active hours’ so it won’t do anything update wise while you are active. The default active hours are daytime, but you can change that to say that you are active at night.

From your timings, it sounds to me like the updates were installed & then waited the 'normal' one hour, before trying to re-boot.....

You need to set your "active hours" in Windows Update \ Change Active Hours.  Microsoft has a habit of reseting these when doing some updates !  I've just had the Creators Fall update...

With Win 10 there are other, hidden, mechanisms for individual components to update....  Getting more technical you need to run some powershell commands to disable\remove some of the bloatware applications e.g. Cortana, Bing Weather\Maps etc..... 

Archived