Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Quattro F4 can it be used for observing aswell as imaging?

Rattler

I've certainly used mine as such, but perhaps I'm just not discriminating enough.  I'm certainly no expert in observing.  The thing which makes it suitable for imaging (large back focus hence oversized secondary) may lead to a contrast reduction, but I'd say for all that it's OK.

I have a 12"  and a 16" f4 and they are fine for visual. As above you might find contract marginally reduced but I doubt you be able to see it even with direct comparison at the same magnification with a slower scope except on perhaps the most contrasty targets..

I’ve used mine both ways. You might need an extension tube to get some eyepieces to focus as it’s designed for dslr use. Fast scope makes for Richfield views, you will need a coma corrector to keep the stars nice and small and don’t feed it bargain eyepieces as they don’t play so nice with fast optics. 

Cheers

peter

Archived