Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skytech CLS Filter?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all. I thought I'd bring up this thread again as it showed up in a google search and a few people are interested in this filter. I went ahead and purchased a Skytech CLS CCD clip filter for my modded 600D. I seen a thread on here where someone done a review of the Astronomik CLS CCD and took some before and after pictures of a streetlight but I cant find it again? Anyway, I've done a similar test. All shot on a 50mm f1.8. First image is straight at the streetlight on a 10 second exposure without filter and the second is with filter.

Third image is a 10 second exposure of Orion without filter.

Fourth image is a 12 second exposure with filter. Plenty of red available from Orion and just a hint of red from the Flame and Horsehead. A longer exposure and it just trails too much. Good contrast in the background as well. This was shot from just above a streetlight and rooftop. For the fifth image i just panned a bit lower to include the streetlight for comparison. Sirius can be seen above it. A 10 second exposure with filter.

I've not had a chance to use it in the scope yet as the weather has been rubbish but I'm impressed so far. For 50 quid cheaper than the Astronomik filter, I think its worth it. Hope this helps.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

Nice comparison, like most of us

taking pictures in suburbia is always going to be very

challenging, and the filters although expensive really do help

achieve the desired blocking of the unwanted glow.

In Braintree in Essex where I live they are slowly but surely

replacing the orange street lights with the white led ( not happy )

this will almost make the filters redundant, but hopefully the orange

street light will last a bit longer.

The only + side is the council round our way turn the lights off and 1am till 5am

The filter looks like its doing the business.

nice review

Paul

Archived