SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heads up: Sunday BBC2 @ 21:00 - Astronauts: Do You Have What It Takes?

bejay1957

Well I certainly had what 'It Took', but that was what I thought 30 odd years ago.

If TW can come back with Baxter, Woollard and other serious non gushing crew, I'll be very happy. Maybe bring in Jack Hargreaves as the style and content guru and we'll be in with half a chance!

Rich :)

On 8/18/2017 at 20:45, RichM63 said:

Well I certainly had what 'It Took', but that was what I thought 30 odd years ago.

:laughing4:

See yer 30 an' raise you 20 :D

I thought the 'macho' 'top gun' image died out with Gagarin ? Didnt Kubrick and Branson have a proposal/prospectus  ?

I saw this was on, but the programme description made it sound like "Strictly Space-walking", so I decided to give it a miss.

Read Chris Hadfield's autobiography a while back though, which convinced me that actually very few people probably have "the right stuff" and sadly I'm almost certainly not one of them and more than likely never was :(

James

Cracking program. I work with one of the candidate's father - Kerry the Air Force pilot. It'll be interesting to see how she progresses. They're not letting on so I'll have to keep watching :)

the claustrophobia test was very intriguing, not sure how I'd do but I'd like to give it a go.

Me too John, but if they decided to make me climb to the top of a 4 story chimney to connect a hood whilst on a wooden ladder stretched out over a chasm above the gorge I will certainly flake. (Head for heights in Astronauts).

I know this because I won't do it again...

Now following Kerry, but I'm not sure.

Rich

3 hours ago, RichM63 said:

Me too John, but if they decided to make me climb to the top of a 4 story chimney to connect a hood whilst on a wooden ladder stretched out over a chasm above the gorge I will certainly flake. (Head for heights in Astronauts).

I know this because I won't do it again...

Now following Kerry, but I'm not sure.

Rich

I'll give the 4 story chimney a miss as well, just the claustrophobia test for me please :)

Archived