Veil complex bi-colour

As I'm on holiday with relatively dark skies, I've attempted an O3 / Ha bi-colour image of the veil complex, it'll be apparent from the quality that I'm a beginner, especially at post processing. It was done with a mirrorless cam (Fuji X-T1), so needed exposures of 6mins which the star adventurer (or my polar alignment) wasn't really up for, so had to discard a lot of subs, even the ones used show some trailing (8x6mins O3 and 7x6mins Ha, no calibration). Lens was a Canon 200mm F2.8 at F3.4

Used AA6 to stack and do minimal processing, but really don't quite know what I'm doing, still need to watch some of the tutorials. So, just stacked the O3 and Ha frames separately as colour images and then added 0.7xHa to the O3 image.

I had fun doing it and probably will try again with my HEQ5 mount back home.

Any suggestions welcome, I guess these might be along the lines of don't do narrowband with a colour cam and learn to post-process properly :happy11:.

o3ha2b.jpg

Archived