NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Lincolnshire

mike.brightmore

Hi, Mike from Cleethorpes, North East Lincolshire. Just joined the lounge and very impressed by it. Browsing the forum has already answered quite a few queries I didn't even realise that I needed to ask. I started observing properly about this time last year (Celestron CPC 1100 - a wonderful beast) but have only recently started imaging (Canon EOS 350D SLR and a Watek 120N webcam). I still have much to learn and this looks like a good place to get help.

At the moment I'm mainly using the webcam to take quick and easy 'snapshots' of what I've observed but am pleasantly surprised at how good it is for deep sky objects. To give my poor old eyes a rest I sometimes just plug the AV lead from the camera into a portable TV instead of using the eyepiece. The live image is more detailed than visual and I can look at it with both eyes and adjust gain, contrast, brightness etc.

This is one of M17 (Swan Nebula) that I took on my first session with the camera. It was very low in the sky and almost directly above a streetlight, but this is just about how it looked live on the TV screen.

8248_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Is it ok to post images in the forum or should they go somewhere else with a link to them?

Best wishes and hopefully some clear dewless nights

Mike

Archived