Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skymax127 :)

Ant

I've added a Skymax127 to my collection, in a vain attempt to add lunar and planetary imaging back into the possible astronomical activities...

Trouble is the moon, currently, is very low. Mars has gone, Saturn has gone, Venus and Mercury are so low... and Jupiter is not ideal.

But I will get the moon in a few days and Jupiter is still worth a bash.

I have bought a MAK - SCT thread adapter from Rother Valley, then I bought a cheap SCT - 2" adapter from Scopes and Skies. This means that I can now use my 2" Diagonal and more importantly I can connect the 300D. I have a FR on it's way from Russ.

So I have a very capable Lunar scope and with the reducer I have a 5" F7.5 Deep Sky Scope. Should be fun!

Just need the skies now :clouds2:

8238_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

In my location I need to have active dew prevention on everything - it's a nightmare!

The skymax and the DMK should give me some really good results. Reall looking forward to something other than 5 minute subs wondering what to do for 3 hours while the subs are being taken.

I need another scope - maybe a large Dob!

Ant

Looks good Ant i am looking forward to the results as i may go for the same setup,

any chance of a pic of the MAK - SCT thread adapter attached if you get a chance as i have a 2" sct diagonal.

Cheers & good luck with the lunar imaging Mick.

Looks great!

Will you be using the scope visually with the 2" diagonal and a long focal length eyepiece? I'm wondering if vignetting will occur. If it doesn't, I could be tempted to go that route and use my 2" diagonal and XW30 with my 127 Mak...

I only have two eyepeices. I couldn't tell you, for sure, what FL they are. From memory they are 10mm and 25mm.

I think that one's a meade 5000 and the other a celestron - but don't hold me to that.

I will almost certainly, if it's clear tonight, have a look visually before I put in the camera.

I'm not much into visual :clouds2:

Ant

Archived