Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pier project

bottletopburly

• 1 year later...

Sorry for reviving old thread, but was wondering did you have the hole put in the base so as to route cables up through the centre tube?

Am thinking of using the suppliers you have linked for my pier project and am wanting to keep it as simple and cheap as possible.  I won’t be having any cables go up through the pier, so can get away without the hole.  Can even go for a square base if that is cheaper. 

Also, last question (for now) what adapter did you use on the pier top? I have the Altair Astro multi adapter for my EQ6R-PRO.

25 minutes ago, Shelster1973 said:

Sorry for reviving old thread, but was wondering did you have the hole put in the base so as to route cables up through the centre tube?

Am thinking of using the suppliers you have linked for my pier project and am wanting to keep it as simple and cheap as possible.  I won’t be having any cables go up through the pier, so can get away without the hole.  Can even go for a square base if that is cheaper. 

Also, last question (for now) what adapter did you use on the pier top? I have the Altair Astro multi adapter for my EQ6R-PRO.

Yes I put tube in for cable  I would still put a pipe in though I would use round guttering pipe next time , cheap easy to get hold of just seal the joints with sealant plan ahead it’s there for future use , adapter I got a used one from ens optical it was for a heq5 but made it fit using a wood router and a sharp cutter and jig   , I would also make owl hole elliptical and slightly larger, round or square doesn’t matter I wanted it to look neater that’s all , if powder coating key the outside with sandpaper  , 

Cheers for the reply 

Will be getting it powder coated as will give a better looking finish and my skills with a rattle can are abysmal. Will be doing the welding myself though as I do like that type of thing. 

The concrete is already poured and cured for the base, so the cable routing is out. Have managed to do some clever dressing of cables coming from mount, so doesn’t look too shabby and does not catch. 

• Like 1