The Solar Chromosphere (Ca-K) - 08th July 2017

David Smith

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David, I know nothing about stargazers except what I do ocassionally on a camping trip! 

My my niece had a baby on July 8th and I found a picture of the full moon, and would like to get one of Saturn.  In case you know where I might search. 

I love the first image with the earth in perspective. This all looks unbelievable to me and I can't tell which images are actual photos. Is this a photo? 

Thanks 

denise 

Thanks all for your kind comments

On 23/07/2017 at 16:44, Drunde said:

Hi David, I know nothing about stargazers except what I do ocassionally on a camping trip! 

My my niece had a baby on July 8th and I found a picture of the full moon, and would like to get one of Saturn.  In case you know where I might search. 

I love the first image with the earth in perspective. This all looks unbelievable to me and I can't tell which images are actual photos. Is this a photo? 

Thanks 

denise 

@Drunde Apologies, I've been on  vacation hence slow reply to your post. All the images in my original post were shot by me (except for the image of the Earth of course, which I sourced from a popular search engine ;)). I have taken some artistic liberties with the colour (added during processing for visual effect) but the features and structure within the solar atmosphere are all as they appeared on the day.

Archived