Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

An 'issue' with AstroBoot

BeerMe

I posted a month or so ago that I'd ordered some items from Astroboot.  One of the items they sent me was wrong - I'd ordered a Revelation Barlow but they sent me a 15mm Revelation EP instead - and since I'd received a 15mm 66° gold-line the Revelation EP was no good.

I spoke with a very nice gentleman on the phone who apologised profusely, told me he'd get the correct item sent to me, and told me to try out the 15mm Revelation in comparison to the gold-line to see which one I preferred, and they would arrange to get the other back from me.  I received the Barlow soon after and, having tried both out, I decided on the gold-line.  I've now emailed them twice with my details asking them to send me a reply jiffy bag to return the Revelation EP, but I'm getting no response at all.

Any ideas?

Just out of interest, have they double charged you for anything?

When they sent me an AZGoto with the wrong tripod they told me to keep the incorrect Tripod and they dispatched me the correct tripod a few days later.

Ade  

Did you not keep the original packaging to return the item in? Was them sending you out a return jiffy bag discussed during your phone conversation? If they said they would do it perhaps it is on its way and they didn't feel the need to reply? You could always try chasing it up by phone given that seems to have worked for you before (although in my experience emails are more likely to be replied to).

They haven't charged me for the item I need to return.  When I discussed the error over the phone, the guy I spoke to said that when I'd decided which EP I wanted to keep, I was just to notify them by email (he said I was lucky that they answered my call) and they will arrange to send me a return pack. 

That's now ~10 days since my last email to them, and nothing back.

If you consider the fact they have to have the return pack shipped to you and then the return pack with eyepiece shipped back to them cheaply enough to make it worth reselling at £15, then it is safe to conclude that it is being sent by the cheapest and slowest method possible.  If the return pack never turns up then I wouldn't worry about it. You're not waiting on a refund so the onus is on them to get the item returned. 

Perhaps they don't want to 'give' it to you as that sets a precedent, but also it isn't worth the effort to recover it?

Under UK distance selling rules, that probably apply, as they have arranged the return your 'duty of care' to collect it expires after 21 days, so after three weeks it appears you can bin it or dispose of it as you see fit.

Returning the goods

Unless you are required to return the goods, and you were informed of this, your only obligations are to make the goods available for collection and to take reasonable care of them while they are in your possession. This is called a duty of care. Where the supplier has made provision to collect the goods, this duty of care expires after 21 days, but where you have agreed to return the goods, your duty of care continues until you do this and could be for as long as 6 months.

11 hours ago, Ricochet said:

If you consider the fact they have to have the return pack shipped to you and then the return pack with eyepiece shipped back to them cheaply enough to make it worth reselling at £15, then it is safe to conclude that it is being sent by the cheapest and slowest method possible.  If the return pack never turns up then I wouldn't worry about it. You're not waiting on a refund so the onus is on them to get the item returned. 

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Perhaps they don't want to 'give' it to you as that sets a precedent, but also it isn't worth the effort to recover it?

Under UK distance selling rules, that probably apply, as they have arranged the return your 'duty of care' to collect it expires after 21 days, so after three weeks it appears you can bin it or dispose of it as you see fit.

I've emailed them again yesterday and still nothing, so I think I've done my bit to let them know.  If they ever do get back to me, it might be slightly more used than it could've been... I've barely had a chance to even try it with our terrible weather. 

10 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

A case of BOGOF ?   :icon_biggrin:

Nice when it happens unexpectedly!

It's a nice EP, but unless they get back to me it'll likely just end up part of a collection of stuff to sell later, to fund more astro buys :-)

Archived