NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

m5

Through last night's Mediterranean haze, this came as a pleasant surprise. Considering it's size, I wonder why it's not snapped more often. Google has such a mix of colour images, it's hard to decide what is right. Thanks for looking and any comments most welcome. Clear skies...

700d: 60 minutes, 2 layers

m5.thumb.jpg.9259fcdc01fd1909041af84baafccb2a.jpg

19 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

a little too blue

Yeah, It always looks different on the SGL server than on the ground. Do we have a grey scale for the site? I'm hopeless with colour balance anyway. Here's a snip of the tif, the jpg and Chrome. Can anyone see a difference?

com.thumb.JPG.9776f081aeaab01ca3e68302513d7a9c.JPG

16 hours ago, Craney said:

star colours give away their age  and /or size

Hi. I think the orange stars are older, cooler and bigger.

20 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

it looks amazing in mono

I had a go, but can't get the contrast right. This looks too harsh to me, but any softer and the core stars merge. It's never simple, is it...

m5bn.thumb.jpg.862ef8f67c2c14b42eb019506a648152.jpg

Simple it isn't, it's one of the hardest things i have ever tried to learn. 

You've done a great job, it's more than likely just my monitors colour calibration so i wouldn't worry about or go changing it, i like it.

31 minutes ago, MARS1960 said:

it's one of the hardest things i have ever tried to learn

+1. I'd add that I think it's almost impossible to do alone. You need someone else who hasn't been working on it to come along and tell you if there's a cast or predominance; at the very least you need a reference alongside on the same screen from before you started adjusting the curves -or however you do it...

7 minutes ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

I've got more chance of landing on the moon

If you have a wife/gf/mistress, they're much better at colour balance. There's an advantage and disadvantage there too, but it just slipped my mind...

Very well done shot! I'm always doing nebulas but you've tempted me to have a go at that. Very nice. I always find colouring a problem. It seems only my iPad can get the colours right. My laptop! Well I've got more chance of landing on the moon sitting on a washing machine :) 

4 hours ago, alacant said:

If you have a wife/gf/mistress, they're much better at colour balance. There's an advantage and disadvantage there too, but it just slipped my mind...

Well I don't know about using the wife I'm sure it will look a lot more pretty by the time they photoshop a bunch of flowers next to the tulip nebula :) 

Archived