Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Here's my best sketch so far this apparition. The date was actually 26/5/17 not 26/4/17 - just realised this error in my notes!

20170527_085758-1.jpg.97e3ad0fbdef6d988f0f3ba4587914c7.jpg

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Here's my best sketch so far this apparition. The date was actually 26/5/17 not 26/4/17 - just realised this error in my notes!

20170527_085758-1.jpg.97e3ad0fbdef6d988f0f3ba4587914c7.jpg

Edited by celestron8g8
double post , moderator delete please
  • Like 1

Thanks for representing the visual observers/sketches among us Shane. If it were up to me you'd win hands down. I'm sure you'd be more appreciative and find better use of the prize than the box brownie brigade. :hiding:

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 1

Nice sketch! How do you know it's Callisto?  I'm new to the exactness of looking at the sky (astronomy) but am not sure how you can tell the Jovian moons apart. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, northward said:

Nice sketch! How do you know it's Callisto?  I'm new to the exactness of looking at the sky (astronomy) but am not sure how you can tell the Jovian moons apart. 

There are numerous planetarium apps and programmes which tell you where the moons are at any point in time. Stellarium being one of the free ones.

• Like 2