Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Software for Nikon DSLR

valleyman

Other than Nikons Camera Capture Pro software which is a ridicules price. Is there any other software available that will do live view Capture for NIKON Cameras.

Canon does EOS which is free. ty Canon.

Not sure if Nebulosity  is compatible, and Astro Art is again a stupid price.

Pat

There is an OSX app SofortBild that I used a few years ago.

TBH can't actually remember if Nebulosity connected to the Nikon - I still had the D90 kicking around somewhere, I can rummage around to see if I can find it in the next few days and check?

Hi,

I am currently using the 30day trial of BackyardNikon, so far I have found it good for still and for movie captures. I think about $50US if I decide to purchase.

Terry

3 hours ago, valleyman said:

Other than Nikons Camera Capture Pro software which is a ridicules price. Is there any other software available that will do live view Capture for NIKON Cameras.

Canon does EOS which is free. ty Canon.

Not sure if Nebulosity  is compatible, and Astro Art is again a stupid price.

Pat

check on the APT forum http://aptforum.com/phpbb/ im sure they have a nikon update in the pipeline 

1 minute ago, knobby said:

Sofortbild works on Windows too I believe.

Unfortunately, it appears not. From their web site:

"There have been a lot of requests for a Windows version of Sofortbild. There is something that might be interesting for you: Bernd Peretzke has written a similiar application for Windows XP and Vista called DCamCapture. Bernd is using the Nikon SDK as well, his application has a similar feature set and it is also free."

Archived