NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Messier 101... DSLR and 150 PDS in astro twilight

Looking back over my past attempts at this galaxy, this is my best yet. I ditched the LP filter and used a UV/IR filter and the colours are a definite improvement on previous efforts.

Its 35 X 4 mins from last night, dithered, flats and bias, Stacked in DSS and processed in photoshop. Gradient removed with DBE. 

5931319902f50_M101Final.thumb.png.597fe585049ccccaa928201429fd579a.png

4 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

that's a amazing shot Tim, colours are bang on mate, well done. ive just got my self a full spec modded cam, I might be after a few pointers when the nights get darker. charl.

Thanks Charl... I keep telling myself to pack up till the nights get darker but I guess i am a real astroholic... powerless over it!

Think I ought to take a leaf out of your book and learn solar imaging. :icon_biggrin:

thanks Tim, I'm sorta stuck in my obsyroom at the moment with my knees being bad, its too hard to get my kit outside for fear of dropping something, so every session I'm having is through the obsyroom open window, ive had a few test shots with the new cam and its a real eye opener, but sadly theres not a lot in range until the end of the month and then the summer MW will be right outside my window.

yes mate you should do some solar, keeps you bizzy throught the day. clear skys mate. charl.

Archived