Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi everyone,

It's been years since I posted anything on this forum! It's also been years since I've had a proper observing session as I've had uni, work and other things to think about. Also now that I live in London it's unlikely I can do any proper observing!

Anyway I've been missing it lately, and thought I'd pay a visit to this forum again, starting with a simple little Milky Way image I took on holiday last year:

IMG_0433.thumb.JPG.059804451d82e6ef7a3c93b590844e98.JPG

Here's hoping that in a year or two I'll be able to think about setting myself up with a telescope in a nice dark place again :)

Don't give up, get a portable setup and get going out of London, you don't need to go too far... of course the skies won't be as good as the photo... but still allow you to do a lot more than in your backyard.

PeterW

Thanks for the replies :) yeah, the sky from the Indian Ocean is something I can remember really well from holidays when I was young. It was the first thing I wanted to see again when I went back last year!

thanks for the encouragement! One thing I can do here is watch for the ISS and broghter satellites, I'll try and capture a few passes as I still have my camera.

Archived