Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

"Full Size". Now what's going on?

The Admiral

Is this meant to be a site "improvement"? When I click on the full-size option in an image, rather than just opening the larger image in a new tab, it now asks me if I want to download and save or open in another application. Anyone else finding this? Saving an enlarged image was easy - just right-click and select 'save', if that's what I (rarely) wanted to do. Now it's less slick. If it's meant to be the improved way of working, it would have been nice to have been given the option to comment. Or have I missed something?

With my tablet I don't even get the option to open in another app, but just download. To me, that's a bit of a pain, as often I just want to examine the image in greater detail, not keep it, so I'd have to go to the palaver of downloading, changing app, view it, and then delete.

Ian

Can you send the image link, incase its specific to that link, or is it EVERY image?

Just tried to open an image I supplied in the classifieds without issue, opens to a larger image, than expands again with the Plus marker  ( MacBook Pro in use here )

Oooops back to work,,,,,,,,c ya

There have been no changes to the system that would've affected this functionality.

If it's happening on all images, then I would suggest something has changed with your browser - either a setting or a browser update has changed something because it still works as expected for me.

If it's just one image then it could be that the format of that image is not something your browser is able to open - the smaller version may work as it's a thumbnail in a browser friendly format.

If you let us know if it's the latter and which image it's happening with then we can take a look.

It has worked the 'proper' way, and still does, but on this, recent, image it doesn't.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/228101-the-no-eq-dso-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=3217952

But, I think Grant you are correct in that as I'm now I'm using my pc I can see that this is a 'php' image, whatever that is. Sorry, I think I was premature in setting the hare running!

Ian

That image is a slightly odd one because it's actually hosted off site on Facebook rather than SGL - SGL has an image proxy in place to ensure it's served via https but it looks like an issue with embedding a Facebook image that's causing this.

5 hours ago, The Admiral said:

It has worked the 'proper' way, and still does, but on this, recent, image it doesn't.

When I select the link and enlarge the image, it  auto-downloads, but all other images on SGL site so far, work as expected.
Sorry I hade to shoot away so quick earlier, lost track of time?

Archived