NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Io shadow transit 21-5-2017

si@nite

A good interpretation of last nights events moonshane don't get to many sketches on here, just for the record my image was taken at 00-02-40 ut cheers!

Thanks Harvey, its always nice to come away with something if not particularly great, times running out, a couple more weeks I think then the shows over!

Lovely capture Simon despite the less than stellar conditions! Lovely crisp shadow and plenty Jovian detail as a backdrop. Too many showers about here last night for me to risk taking the gear out into the wild lol! What camera did you use Simon? Was this with the C9.25?

Cheers,

Ralph

1 hour ago, Virgoman said:

Lovely capture Simon despite the less than stellar conditions! Lovely crisp shadow and plenty Jovian detail as a backdrop. Too many showers about here last night for me to risk taking the gear out into the wild lol! What camera did you use Simon? Was this with the C9.25?

Cheers,

Ralph

Hi Ralph

Indeed I used the C9 & the skyris 236m & x1.5 barlow for the session, its an easy scope to use & will deliver on a good night! Ive been struggling with the big meade to be honest Ralph, like fl issues using the 236m with a pixel size of 2.8 gives huge scale with meade, x1.5 was giving me a res of 0.10 "/ pixel ouch!

Nice catch Simon, the shadow is lovely and sharp.

I set up last night and managed one capture which ended up in the recycle bin!  Jupiter is out of reach for me now by 11pm, but I have dragged my kit down to the decking today where i should, hopefully, get another hour or so - if the clouds go away.

Angie

Thanks Pete appreciated!

1 hour ago, morimarty said:

Great capture Simon. by the time the clouds cleared for me jupiter was just to low behind next doors garage!

You've made a very good transition from dso work to planetary martyn, that's the problem now with  low elevation, everythings in the way!

8 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

Nice catch Simon, the shadow is lovely and sharp.

I set up last night and managed one capture which ended up in the recycle bin!  Jupiter is out of reach for me now by 11pm, but I have dragged my kit down to the decking today where i should, hopefully, get another hour or so - if the clouds go away.

Angie

Just lately mine have gone much the same way Angie, any chance of catching a cracker are all but over I think, at 21 degs next apparition it will be harder still but im sure we will all give it a good go!

Archived