NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another M13 in full moon with DSLR and 72 ED-R.

Although it was the full moon I got a new CLS clip filter so decided try my first image with scope and guiding for over five months...

It is such a small target with this scope but I suppose it is nice to see it in its surrounds...

33 X 4 min, iso 800, CLS filter, Flats and Bias, DSS, PS etc. The stars were showing some coma but I have learnt that the 'transform' tool in the Camera Raw filter can help to rescue dodgy optics or setup to some extent. :biggrin:

M13.thumb.png.6c613580856f62f550126aa0de332b1b.png

I have only just realised that Globular clusters can be imaged without too much issue during a full moon!!! This one is a testament to that... Well done :) We have to take what we can and when and I mean that sincerely as I sit under winds and full cloud in Spain for the umpteenth night. 

59 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I have only just realised that Globular clusters can be imaged without too much issue during a full moon!!! This one is a testament to that... Well done :) We have to take what we can and when and I mean that sincerely as I sit under winds and full cloud in Spain for the umpteenth night. 

I went three months this year without a single night of clear sky. 

4 hours ago, swag72 said:

We have to take what we can and when and I mean that sincerely as I sit under winds and full cloud in Spain for the umpteenth night. 

3 hours ago, Adam J said:

I went three months this year without a single night of clear sky. 

Touche! Its been rubbish here as well. Hence me going out last night in full moon just in case its the last clear night for another period of several weeks. Here is a heavy crop of the image, just to show there is at least a little detail there...:glasses3:

5914b7952af4a_CloseupM13.thumb.png.01e2c63b9a67d642064f017b9d4f8ea5.png

Archived