NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Two nights on jupiter

mikeDnight

Attached are two recent jupiter observations. It's interesting to note that the NEB appears quite detailed yet in many images its northern edge in particular looks rather flat and featureless. Visually in the 100mm it is anything but featureless. I imagine its my scopes lack of aperture that prevents it from drawing out the subtle colours along the NEB's northern edge that are revealed in imaging, and so gives  more starkly defined edge to the view.

Mike

2017-05-10 09.40.43.jpg

2017-05-11 11.29.58.jpg

Nice Mike.

You were lucky to get a clear sky at all.
Both these days you got good views , I had very short windows through cloud so only grabbed a binocular view, so lack of aperture and wobbly view to boot.
Good old UK weather.

Really interesting details in both sketches, especially the work on the poles, the hard to see faint shades. It's always a challenge for me to even be able to capture these faint shades, you did with a lot of precision. Thanks for sharing these 2 Jupiter logs!

:laugh:

Archived