Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

London vs isle of wight

GavStar

Hi Stu 

i stand corrected i hold my hand up check facts before posting and not relying on fading memory guilty as charged . but at least my home figs are correct as measured and posted on the dark sky meter web site map.

i should have checked and now feel like i was bragging  when i was  truly  relying on possible false or misquoted wanted just to point out that we do have good dark skies locally. i just checked as i should have done and it is 20.5 .

Hold my head in shame .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The storm fisherman said:

Hi Stu 

i stand corrected i hold my hand up check facts before posting and not relying on fading memory guilty as charged . but at least my home figs are correct as measured and posted on the dark sky meter web site map.

i should have checked and now feel like i was bragging  when i was  truly  relying on possible false or misquoted wanted just to point out that we do have good dark skies locally. i just checked as i should have done and it is 20.5 .

Hold my head in shame .

No worries, we all make mistakes :)

On 24/08/2017 at 08:06, Ouroboros said:

I've had the wonderful experience of  "too many stars" in Cornwall on occassion. You look up and think I'm sure I know that constellation. Oh, it's Persius!  or whatever.  

I`ve just got back from a farm stay in Cornwall and I`m pleased to say there were too many stars! My daughter and sister were eagerly asking me "so whats up there" and I was like, lets check out the Milky Way for a few minutes! I frequently go to the Isle of wight for holidays and I`ve had some awesome skies from Niton, which is on the southern tip of the isle. 

On 26/08/2017 at 14:57, swamp thing said:

Good stuff :) 

The problem I have with the IOW is the cost of the ferry. It's cheaper to drive to mid Wales...... shame. 

For this reason I cannot see me rushing over there :( 

Yes the cost of the ferry is ridiculous which is a shame, but the great skies I've had recently near the southern tip of the island make it very worthwhile imo and there's also lots of other stuff to do there!

Archived