SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

All Set Up - Bring It On!

Looks good Doug. I got to see some galaxies in Virgo quite easily with my new C8 SCT, and also some excellent views (best yet!) of M81 & M82, along with quite a few other DSO's too, so you should have a great time. Hope you get some nice clear skies! :) 

1 minute ago, John said:

Hope you have a good one Doug :icon_biggrin:

Got my 12" dob out waiting for the same target. I got 10 Markarians Chain galaxies in the same FoV last time - dead cool :cool2:

Envious John. You must have good skies down there even with the 12 inch dob! :) 

11 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

All set up down here in Cornwall. Clear skies at the moment ....... but I'm looking at some ominous clouds on the sat pics heading south straight for me across mid Wales. Grrrr. 

I seem to be destined to get those as well, here in Somerset :rolleyes2:

1 hour ago, Helen said:

Think we've got them already :clouds1:

Lovely day in Bristol today though - and good to see you @John (Alex said best day of Easter holidays :wink2:)

Helen

Great to see you and the posse as well Helen - glad you all enjoyed your Bristol day !

Stayed out until after 11.30 - intermittent cloud, gradually getting thicker and more widespread, so I didn't expect too much.  Managed M84, 86 in the Chain, then some more familiar ones - globs M3, 13, 53.  I was pleased with the GoTo hitting target - I only did an alignment on Jupiter, but it still worked well on  M13 way over to the east.

I'm growing more convinced that to take a leap forward I need to travel to a much darker site!

Doug.

Archived