Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What do you do while you wait?

59 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Even when your guide trace looks like this? 

tak%20lodestar.jpg

Be reasonable, a man has a right to be mesmerized on occasion!  :headbang::icon_biggrin::hello2:

Joking of course, look up!

Olly

But Olly, that to me looks like something that is dead.....flat lining!!! ;) 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Stu said:

But Olly, that to me looks like something that is dead.....flat lining!!! ;) 

Exactly what I thought when my alarm woke me up for my regular system check. I was about to curse when I saw it was actually guiding. In fact I did have one flatter than this which really was sinister.

Olly

4 hours ago, alacant said:

Sounds useful. Which version are you using? I have only star mass, RA and DEC  on mine.

You need the Handwavium extension to PHD2 and the "please don't ask why I am standing in the rhubarb patch" data set ;)

To be fair, I do have tacit approval for an observatory, just not until the rest of the garden is finished...

I'm loving the idea of making a bacon sandwich!  With a guide trace that boring, I'd definitely be looking for some food to help pass the time.

Since I started using EQMOD autopec, I've stumbled on a tendency for EQMOD to unexpectedly hang, lock up and stop all forms of tracking.  That leads to some 'interesting' PHD2 logs and some spectacularly failed subs.  Oh the joys!

Archived