Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got problems with new floodlights?

JOC

On 25/03/2017 at 19:58, nightfisher said:

Just for a laugh, a still shot of the offending lights and the nearby ski slope taken from the air with my phantom 3 quadcopter shot at early twilight

lights from the air.PNG

We had a strange situation the other day, seems the nasty factory over the valley suffered a power outage so i took a pic of how it should look, and as the council wont do a sodding thing about it and factory has gone and fitted more lights this is why i have all but given up doing astro

power out at leao.JPG

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

That's gloriously dark.

As far as I recall you have a 180 degree vista from your open land faced back garden can't you face the other way for astro?

not really, to the north its the village, to the south is okay but the lights are always there, but dont matter no more

8 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

not really, to the north its the village, to the south is okay but the lights are always there, but dont matter no more

Have you gone to see your local councillor Jules? At least explore whether these lights have planning and make a proper complaint. Got to be worth it surely?

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

Have you gone to see your local councillor Jules? At least explore whether these lights have planning and make a proper complaint. Got to be worth it surely?

Stu, i appreciate what your saying, but i have been engaged in a situation with both Bradford and Calderdale council. Back in may or there abouts Calderdale planning opened a case, appointed a case officer and that my friend was the last i ever heard from them...........i have to be careful what i say but the owner of the factory, a very rich person gets away with a lot of err, issues  like spillage from his articulated 44 tonners, think on the lines of, he waves the cheque book and problems disappear 

30 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Stu, i appreciate what your saying, but i have been engaged in a situation with both Bradford and Calderdale council. Back in may or there abouts Calderdale planning opened a case, appointed a case officer and that my friend was the last i ever heard from them...........i have to be careful what i say but the owner of the factory, a very rich person gets away with a lot of err, issues  like spillage from his articulated 44 tonners, think on the lines of, he waves the cheque book and problems disappear 

Yes I've hit those kinds of barriers before. Not astro related but in my case a local business owner had been fly tipping his business waste on common land for years, one day I caught him with his tipper truck disposing of a large load of waste, I videoed the whole thing while I confronted him over the issue. I later reported the incident to the councils environmental department and they came round and collected a copy of the video and were adamant he would be taken to court with such evidence (he even identified himself on camera).

Nothing happened!

Turns out said businessman had fulfilled a restoration contract for the council, I suppose it would of been a little embarrassing for the council should it of gone to court which is why they kept losing the evidence and not receiving my emails.

Unfortunately, sometimes for your own sanity, it's best to find a work-around rather then keep punishing yourself.   

Archived