Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spring has arrived at my Observatory - First Ha Sun of 2017

ArmyAirForce

Yesterday, the Sun finally rose high enough over my extension roof to shine on my observatory for the first time. For me, this is the first day of Spring. The Sun has been lost to me since late October/early November. This shot shows the view South South West, over the roof. The house is directly South from the observatory. The conditions were pointless for Ha imaging yesterday due to way too much haze, but today, while still hazy, showed more promise and more prominences! 

obsy1.jpg

So today, over lunch, I spent half an hour grabbing my first Ha of 2017. The clouds and haze were rapidly building up, so it was all a bit rushed, but I managed a full disc and some captures of the proms with a higher frame count. The haze was present from the start, dulling down the detail, but it was still nice to see some proms on the Sun. Over the Winter months, I'm stuck with white light imaging, often from the bedroom window sill to get high enough to clear obstructions in the street in front of my house.

2017-02-15-1223a.jpg

2017-02-15-1227a.jpg

2017-02-15-1233a.jpg

2017-02-15-1228b.jpg

2017-02-15-1237.jpg

2017-02-15-1223b.jpg

obsy3.jpg

Good to see you are back in business, and some nice detail captured. I had my first shot from the back garden yesterday. That wasn't my first shot of the year, because my set-up is portable enough to set up across the road on the pavement. Imaging from the garden is however much less hassle.

Archived