Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 (Core) First time

Roy Batty

This was a bit of a gamble for me on two counts:

Firstly, the full moon, although fairly low to the horizon, didn't help much; Secondly, I've never tried such a big target before - so the processing is a whole new learning exercise for me as it near fills the frame.

Unfortunately the session was cut short by cloud drifting in so there's not too much data here in total.

Details: 43 X 1min subs, unguided, prime focus, ISO800.

cheers

RB

M31 - Andromeda Galaxy Core

7737_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

PS: I could play with this image until the cows come home :hello2: here's a cooler tone with I think better definition to the boundary area of the galaxy (had a play with re-formatting the synthetic flat in pixinsight)

7739_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I couldn't resist having another play with this, and this time I've stretched the curves to give a brighter more "blousy" finish but hopefully still keep the core from blowing out :hello2: .

Plus a small confession :oops: .....any recurrence of carp weather will be my fault due to collection of a new SW ED80 today :cheers: ... sorry guys.

cheers

RB

7754_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It's looking great Roy. I much prefer the gentler processing since you haven't yet got the s/n ratio to do a big stretch without bringing in a lot of noise. The 1st one is showing a lot of very good dim detail and looks very natural, a little boosting of blue and toning down of yellow would make the colour just right

Thanks for the comments Martin - it's always refreshing to get a different perspective. Following your advice I took the first image and tweaked the yellow / blue colour balance in CS3 -hopefully it's some way toward what you were thinking? - Personally, I like the result as its nice and subtle - cheers.

7812_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived