NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon - 15/02/06

daz

Thanks all,

Yes, I think the RAW mod is going to work well - gives you more scope to play with things like contrast, from what I can see.

I'll update the image later with labels once I get home.

Jamie - I'd love to do a mosaic! I was hoping this month, but I had too much cloud and not enough seeing! Maybe next month!

Another brilliant image Daz.

Yes guys, RAW is the best for any digital imaging, I use it on my D70 all the time and do all the colour balnce / contrast / exposure fine tune / colour temp. etc then export that as a TIFF for further processing, mainly only cropping and tidying up the image ready for printing.

I use Capture One which will support most if not all cameras that can produce a RAW file. Unfortunately not any of the astro / web cam options. I like it as it is a stand alone, independant of PhotoShop, PSP and any other editing software. I will be having a look at it for astro images from the D70, and report back.

nabban

Archived