Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I know, seen it all before. blah blah blah (M 42 ) Re do!

simmo39

Hi all, I know this has been done to death but just had to do it again. M 42 was the first DSO i ever did when I started this game and I blame it for all the expense and frustration! Anyway its been 2 years since I last did it with the poor seeing here its the only thing that I could image so here it is!

12 x 4 mins, 3 x 2 mins, 12 x 1 mins and a little bit from 2 years ago all at 800 iso.

m42best_zpsxf9vuv4p.jpg

And a close up!

m42bestcrop_zpspogxhlsj.jpg

Hints and tips welcome.

The image is pretty good but I suspect that you have ended up with more haloes than you would have got had we had 'clear' skies rather than the misty, low visibility rubbish that we have been given.   

The only other comment I would offer is that perhaps it could do with the removal of some green - what do you think?  (I'm on an iPad though so it could just be my screen.)

Hi Gnomus, yep the mist has been a big problem here. There are loads of nice targets  that I would like to do but would be wasted with the weather. As for the green tinge, not sure if i can see it myself but will give it a go. thanks.

Never apologise for another M42!  Great image, especially the closeup and you've got great detail in the core so respect given.  Why can't refractors give diffraction spikes, I love them ;-)

43 minutes ago, abhoriel said:

You can never see too much of M42 :) 

Unless your filter is M48. (I know, bad joke. But it's late, almost moonless, and clouded in :clouds1:)

The image looks great, by the way.

Looks great. In photoshop you can always blend the reprocessed image with the original. And you can do the same in PixInsight. Just different.

There seems to be a green cast in the upper left, but that may be my mobile screen.

13 hours ago, wimvb said:

Looks great. In photoshop you can always blend the reprocessed image with the original. And you can do the same in PixInsight. Just different.

There seems to be a green cast in the upper left, but that may be my mobile screen.

Hi thanks for the pointer, Gnomus said he could see green too, and now i look at it in this light I can  see it. not sure if my puter screen is having a turn or its just my sight. lol . Will have a go at sorting it out.

14 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

I can see green too - easy fix though.  Perhaps a little more work on the contrast will reveal some extra detail.

Paddy

Hi Paddy, will give it a go later as the weather isnt going to play tonight. 

Archived