Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Return of the Perseids evening 11-12 (Monday - Tuesday) August 2008

Adrian Condon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went out last night from 9pm till about 11:30 hoping to catch some of the earthgrazers and saw about 5-6. One of them was glittery (reminded me of Tinkerbelle's fairydust :hello2: ) but it was short-lived.. it appeared and died within the boundaries of CAS's "W". The predicted wall of clouds drifted in from the west, so there was no point in setting the clock for the pre-dawn hours. Nice evening, though. :clouds1:

I saw a glittery one too a few nights ago Talitha. Quite slow moving, and going the wrong way for a Perseid (South to North).

Nothing much tonight though. From my back garden the radiant sits squarely behind two big Sequoias. And the clouds are moving in.

The forecast has to be right, this far out, at least once this year :D , just in case its not ill get my coat!! :hello2:

I'll call you a cab :D .

Tony..

Hi

Luckily I didn't need the cab Tony, :clouds1::lol: :lol: managed to see 2 meteors last night :cheers: :cheers:

Jon

Trev,

Great to hear that you saw so many. We had high cloud to the east with gaps, so managed to see a few (4 in 5 minutes) and then the neighbour's security lights came on.... and completely blinded us!

Incidentally, sod's law was in full operation, with clear skies to the south and west of us. Great views of Jupiter and the moon, plus other stars.

Will try again tonight.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived