Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Modded Canon EOS750d from Astronomiser

1CM69

2 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Nice... I've an unmoded 750d and I think it's a great camera.. Looking forward to seeing some results.

1 minute ago, Glimpse111 said:

EOS 750D is a really nice camera with touch screen and live view etc...I have modded 450D but haven't tried it yet :/

I'll be out with it as soon as humanly possible & I'll post up some pics

I need a little advice from other 750d owners.

I noticed today whilst trying out an old manual lens on my 750d that there seems to be an slight issue where regardless of shutter speed setting, the shutter stays open after pressing the shutter button until the button is pressed again, when the mirror lock is enabled in custom function 9. This produces over exposure.

This is a concern as mirror lock is a usable function to reduce shake and with the camera attached to a scope via T2, the camera would also function as if the scope is a manual lens.

I have tried the mirror lock enabled using my EOS fit Tamron lens which has the normal AF chips etc and then everything functions as it should.

According to any literature I can find the mirror lock on these is supposed to function as:

• First press of the shutter button raises the mirror.
  • Wait a given time, 2 sec for example.
  • Press shutter release again to start exposure as normal.
  • Mirror will auto close after exposure is taken.

What I am finding with old legacy manual lenses & mirror lock enabled is:

• First press of the shutter button raises the mirror and exposure starts
  • Second press of the shutter button completes exposure and lowers mirror.

Archived