Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Claw (or Lobster Claw?) Nebula & Bubble

Rodd

Boy, this is a tough bunch on here.  Background is good--noise control not over used.  Details abound (look at the bubble).  Colors not gaudy or super saturated.  Holds up extremely well to full image "+".   What more to do?  Not perfect by a long shot (some stars have slight reduced cores), but no other artifacts that I can see.   It is among my best.  I certainly won't improve from here without CC.  

They are absolutely fantastic images, Rodd! I took a look at the full view and they hold up incredibly well to pixel peeping...as always :) ...The data is superb! and lots of it too ;)  ..I think you've worked some magic here, well done buddy and .....Happy christmas :headbang:

1 hour ago, Maximidius said:

They are absolutely fantastic images, Rodd! I took a look at the full view and they hold up incredibly well to pixel peeping...as always :) ...The data is superb! and lots of it too ;)  ..I think you've worked some magic here, well done buddy and .....Happy christmas :headbang:

Thanks Maximidius--and happy Christmas to you as well.  I received the best Christmas present ever...2 nights of clear skies! (well...1.5  actually, but it is enough!)

5 hours ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Maximidius--and happy Christmas to you as well.  I received the best Christmas present ever...2 nights of clear skies! (well...1.5  actually, but it is enough!)

Man, that was fortunate, I hope you collected something nice for us :). I've got my eye on Wednesday, but I have to buy a new LP filter tomorrow as I scratched mine. Dropped the frigging thing, typical lol!!! 

3 minutes ago, Maximidius said:

Man, that was fortumate, I hope you collected something nice for us :). I've got my eye on Wednesday, but I have to buy a new LP filter tomorrow as I scratched mine. Dropped the frigging thing, typical lol!!! 

I know the feeling--I dropped my laptop a while back and cracked the screen.  Had to get a new one because it had to be sent out to be fixed and I could not refrain from imaging for 6 weeks!  I have finished the OIII data for IC405 & 410.  Now I can do a full HaSHO image.  This is my last session before 1 of 2 things--either I stay with the widefield refractor but from the other side of the yard (opening up Gemini, Leo, Orion and Monoceros), or I switch to the C11Edge and hunt down some detail.  I am torn.  Switching OTAs will be allot of work--best suited for daylight.  Not sure its a task I want to do in the Winter (it gets pretty cold in CT)

9 hours ago, Rodd said:

I know the feeling--I dropped my laptop a while back and cracked the screen.  Had to get a new one because it had to be sent out to be fixed and I could not refrain from imaging for 6 weeks!  I have finished the OIII data for IC405 & 410.  Now I can do a full HaSHO image.  This is my last session before 1 of 2 things--either I stay with the widefield refractor but from the other side of the yard (opening up Gemini, Leo, Orion and Monoceros), or I switch to the C11Edge and hunt down some detail.  I am torn.  Switching OTAs will be allot of work--best suited for daylight.  Not sure its a task I want to do in the Winter (it gets pretty cold in CT)

I'm looking forward to the HaSHO image :) ...I don't envy the choice you have to make though. What ever you decide i wish you all the best of luck. Just don't drop anything!! ;) 

Fishing for compliments eh Rodd, is this a reprocess of half your mosaic reprocess from a while ago ?

IIRC that was more red / blue , I really like this version a lot, back to my idea of the HST palette.

I got 30 min's clear sky last :grin:

Merry Christmas 

Dave :icon_santa:

42 minutes ago, Maximidius said:

I'm looking forward to the HaSHO image :) ...I don't envy the choice you have to make though. What ever you decide i wish you all the best of luck. Just don't drop anything!! ;) 

And it is upon me----data collected.  Unfortunately i will have some time to make my decision as the weather has turned.

43 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Fishing for compliments eh Rodd, is this a reprocess of half your mosaic reprocess from a while ago ?

IIRC that was more red / blue , I really like this version a lot, back to my idea of the HST palette.

I got 30 min's clear sky last :grin:

Merry Christmas 

Dave :icon_santa:

Thanks Dave--yes..a reprocess.  I am finding that I can reprocess most of the data I collected from several months ago into images that are way better than i could do back then.  I guess that is the learning process.  30 min is not enough...better than 0 though if you take advantage of it.

Merry Christmas.

Archived