Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter through 6" Helios achromat

DaveGibbons

Yup another Jupiter! This was taken through my 6" Helios achro refractor last night.

I had to shoot it over a couple of bungalow roofs and only had about a 15minute window as my southern horizon is built up. Used a toucam pro and ultima barlow. Shot in black and white approx 300 stacked frames in Registax. I wish I had done this a couple of nights ago as seeing was better and the GRS was in view.

7525_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

7526_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Some detail evident in belts despite low altitude.Flattening of poles shows well though.

cheers

Dave

Two exquisite Images Dave. I must get my 150mm f8 Achro out of mothballs and see if I can get something Half as good. They really are something, especially through the low altitide murk we have to image through for Jupiter.

I liken the top Image to a Charcoal Sketch, It's beautiful.

Ron.

Beutiful work Dave

Have you thought of shooting through Red or Infra Red

to enhance the quite excellent details.

Ed

Ed,Thanks for the advice, I know I should try to develop my imaging skills but It's only something I

try very infrequently as I am a visual observer 99% of the time. I just hope it shows what can be done with a very good achromat. I know I am very fortunate with this particular scope it's optics are the older fixed cell type (7 years old),and it is perfect the best optics I've ever had in a refractor and I've had lots over the years!

Dave

Archived