NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New scope, unexpected disappointment

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of those silly - IMHO - quality issues though! Metal shavings + mirror = no-no.

Basic QC would catch this. I wish dealers would ask clients if they would permit them to do a basic inspection of items before shipping to ensure that such incidents don't happen.

I purchase from 4 - 5 suppliers for the past few years and I have built a decent relationship with all of them to actually make this request every time I feel it's warranted. Saves both of us the trouble.

I understand that some vendors may feel hesitant to ask a client to permit them to open and inspect a package, but it would work for the benefit of both in such instances... My 2pence!

That...is absolutely disgusting.

For a manufacturer of optical equipment to be sending a product out in this state beggars belief.

It might be an idea to mail a link to this thread to dealers who sell ES, they would most likely want to know about this.  I know I would...cue an immediate check of the stock!

Thanks again everyone for your support and advice. I have now received a fast and positive response from the vendor (astroshop.eu): telescope is going back to them soon (shipping ticket included).

/H.

Archived