Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygnus Loop Bi-colour from Ha & OIII

Gina

135mm f2.5 lens, Astrodon 3nm Ha and OIII filters, ASI1600MM-Cool mounted on ED8 with no guiding.  65 Ha and 148 OIII 60s light frames with gain of 440 and -30C sensor temperature, captured with APT and pre-processed with BPP in PixInsight with matching calibration bias, dark and flat masters.  Further processing in PixInsight reducing background variation with DBE and registering the master lights, DynamicCrop to remove black borders and then combining with PixelMath.

The result was saved in TIFF format and transferred into Photoshop for post processing, matching histograms of the three colours with curves and enhancing the image with various other tools.  Saved in PNG format for upload.

Cygnus Loop Colour PM Ps.png

Thanks all :)

Yes, I do have the OIII data.  Since the linear images show very little, here is a screenshot from PixInsight of the auto-stretched OIII calibrated, registered and integrated image.

Cygnus Loop OIII.png

11 minutes ago, Gina said:

Thanks all :)

Yes, I do have the OIII data.  Since the linear images show very little, here is a screenshot from PixInsight of the auto-stretched OIII calibrated, registered and integrated image.

Cygnus Loop OIII.png

Wonderful, thanks Gina. That's a perfect reference image for visual observing. I've seen and love the two hooks at the end of the Eastern Veil, and the split in the Witch's broom, plus plenty of the other finer detail.

Thank you!

Archived